These Are The Drugs To avoid when pregnant because these drugs Cause Problems During Pregnancy.
- Fluoroquinolones (such as ciprofloxacin, ofloxacin, levofloxacin, and norfloxacin)
- Sulfonamides (such as sulfasalazine and trimethoprim- sulfamethoxazole)
Possibility of bone and joint abnormalities (seen only in animals)
Abnormalities Caused By These Drugs
- Bleeding problems in the newborn. This Problem Can be prevented by Taking Vitamin K Orally 30 Days Before Delivery
- Cause Risk of birth defects, including neural tube defects (such as spina bifida)
- Volproate Cause Some (1%) risk of birth defects, including a neural tube defects (such as a meningomyelocele), cleft palate, and defects of face, the heart, skull, limbs , and spine
a)Angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors
b)Calcium Channel Blockers:
- Nifedipine (sustained-release only)
- Diltiazem(sustained-release only)
Fluid retention in the ankles ,Dizziness, headache, flushing, heartburn,an abnormally fast heart rate (tachycardia) And enlarged gums.
Verapamil also caused Constipation.
c)Beta Blockers Drugs :
Problems Caused By Beta Blockers:
Beta Blockers Caused Slow Growth Rate In The Fetus And Also Cause Low Level Of Blood Sugar And Low Heart Rate .
Taking Thiazide Diuretics During Pregnancy Will Cause Decrease In The Level Of oxygen,Potasium Sodium.Also Decrease In Number Of Platelets In The Fetus. Inadequate Growth Before Birth.
4) Antianxiety drug:
When This Drug Is Taken In The Third Trimester Of Pregnancy It cause irritability, exaggerated reflexes in the newborn depression, and shaking.
5) Mood-stabilizing drug:
Poor feeding, Lethargy, reduced muscle tone, nephrogenic diabetes insipidus in the newborn And underactivity of the thyroid gland.
6) Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)
- Aspirin and other salicylates
Problems Or Abnormalities :
When the medication are taken in large doses, probably miscarriages during the first trimester, a delay within thebegin of labor, premature closing of the connection between the aorta and artery to the lungs (ductus arteriosus), jaundice, necrotizing enterocolitis (damage to the liner of the intestine), and (occasionally) brain injury within thefoetus and bleeding issues within the woman throughout and after delivery and/or within the newborn
When the medication are taken late in pregnancy, a discount in the amount of fluid round the developing foetus.
- Synthetic progestins (but not the low doses used in oral contraceptives)
- Diethylstilbestrol (DES)
Vaccines for polio, measles, mumps or yellow fever
This Vaccine cause Potential infection of the placenta and developing fetus.
Vaccine for chickenpox (varicella) and rubella.
This Is Associated With Unknow Risks.
9)Drugs Used In Skin Treatment:
Both Of these Drugs Cause Birth defects, such as small ears, heart defects, and hydrocephalus .
While Isotretinoin Also Cause Intellectual disability And Risk of miscarriage.
10) Oral ant diabetic drugs:
Problems/Abnormalities Caused By These Drugs :
Inadequate control of diabetes in the pregnant woman
When a Pregnant woman with type 2 diabetes Takle The Drugs, possibility of increased risk of miscarriage Are More .
Also Cause a very low blood sugar level in the newborn.